04:23 ST
[EVENT] The Winter Watch (Over! Prizes handed out!)

Each winter, Mycenians gather as a community to view the first snow as it drifts down into the branches of the Sacred Tree, celebrating the change of season with a small festival known as the Winter Watch.

As the days grow colder, activity has been bustling in the small square that surrounds the Sacred Tree. Keen eyes have been trained on the rocky ceiling above it, where a crevice opens up to the gloomy sky and the cold chill of a winter’s breeze can be felt as it howls through the Cave. All around the square, small festival stands have begun to appear, erected by the tiny paws and claws of some of the Cave’s tiniest, weirdest residents.

It would seem that this year, several of the odd little creatures that live alongside the more typical Mycenians have decided to host the festival. The stands are a little smaller than would be ideal — some larger Mycenians may have to crouch down a bit — but the care that went into each and every one can be seen in the careful, if unskilled, workmanship. Most of the festival stands still appear to be under construction, but the writing on three particular signs can be made out:

Latest weather predictions indicate that a snowstorm should be rolling in on January 20th. From then, the Winter Watch festivities will last through February 2nd. All Mycenians are encouraged to attend and take part in the activities, and may even find themselves leaving with a prize or two when all is said and done!

Things to Remember:
  • The Winter Watch will begin on January 20th and run through the end of the day on February 2nd.
  • This is a small event in a similar vein to previous years’ Winter Fun Book events, but will be hosted on the forums. It is comprised of several creative activities for players to participate in. Each activity will have its own rules and guidelines for participation, so be sure to read carefully!
  • There is one unique item prize for this event. Players who complete a minimum of three activities will receive the prize.
  • Additionally, each activity will be raffling off one Glowing Changingshroom among the players who have completed it. For every 50 unique players who participate in the activity, an additional Glowing Changingshroom will be raffled off.

The festival has begun! Come join the festivities!
Posted 01/11/17, edited 02/04/17
Winter Watch Update!

As the clouds gather in the sky and the chilly wind starts to pick up, it would appear that a few more of the festival stands have now been unveiled:

Additionally, the item prize for this event has been unveiled! Completing a minimum of three Winter Watch activities will earn you the Snowy Dawn avatar background! Snowy Dawn was made by King!

You may see some of the festival stand hosts modeling this background over the next several days!
They are excited to drum up interest in their stands, and are looking at it as a marvelous advertising opportunity!

Posted 01/14/17
The Winter Watch Festival has begun! Come join the festivities!
Posted 01/20/17, edited 01/20/17
The Winter Watch is Over!

Thank you for participating everyone! :) We were very impressed by all of your entries, and we hope that you had a fun time doing some creative activities with us over the past couple of weeks! As a reminder, anyone who met the minimum participation requirement in at least 3 activities will be receiving the Snowy Dawn avatar background.

If you have any questions regarding any of your submissions, please let us know and we will be more than happy to address them. :) And now, onto the raffles!

Chadwick and Carlyle’s Sweater Drive

Chadwick and Carlyle appear to have found many willing volunteers for their sweater drive, as they received enough donations to add two extra Glowing Changingshroom to their raffle, bringing the total up to three!

The winners of these Glowing Changingshrooms are: Zukana, Akira, and yuriayana

Cho’s Tradition Collection

Cho has very much enjoyed the traditions you’ve shared with her! She was just three traditions shy of being able to add another Glowing Changingshroom to the raffle - what a bummer!

The winner of her Glowing Changingshroom is: Cien

Flop’s Yarn Collection

Flop would like to thank everyone for helping to make such beautiful designs! In fact, so many of you participated in her pegboard activity that she is raffling off an extra Glowing Changingshroom!

The winners of her Glowing Changingshrooms are: Chessie and Loon

Henry’s Scavenger Hunt

Henry is incredibly pleased by all of the wonderful things you’ve brought to him! So pleased, in fact, that he has also decided to give away an extra Glowing Changingshroom!

The winner of his Glowing Changingshrooms are: Asaki and firewyrm2018

Howard’s Profile Drive

Howard has deemed the stories you’ve shared with him to be adequate, and rest assured he will never, ever forget any of them. Because you have filled his head with so many wondrous tales, he has procured an extra Glowing Changingshroom for the raffle.

The winner of his Glowing Changingshrooms are: Dunno and Hawkins

Potato’s Potatography

Potato has truly loved seeing the journeys that other adventurous produce have taken! In honor of all the brave potatoes and apples and other veggie buddies out there, he has decided to add another Glowing Changingshroom to the pot!

The winner of his Glowing Changingshrooms are: Pooka and HereBeDragons

Once again, we’d like to thank everyone for participating! :) We hope you had fun!
Prizes will be handed out shortly!

Posted 02/03/17

HOLY FLAP JACKS

/runs around the room in circles

Completing every single possible ticket entry was worth it :V!!

Thanks for hosting these events, staff! It helped me do a lot of character building. I’m really happy to see more GCS are being handed out too! <3

Posted 02/03/17, edited 02/03/17

WHAAAT
I actually didn’t expect that at all. Super excited to use it!

And yes, a huge thanks to you guys for the fun event. It definitely gave me a much-needed kick into, y’know, actually doing things.

Posted 02/03/17

Congrats everyone!! :D I can’t wait to see more hidden coats around the cave!

I’m part of the 31/31 club, too, and had a lot of fun with all the different events. Will there be a feedback survey for this one?

(I don’t know if it really matters, but I left a glaring error in one of my entries. The “a treasured memory” response for the scavenger hunt includes a recipe, but in writing it down I forgot to include 1/3c of milk. I don’t know if anyone would actually attempt to make “tadpoles” but if someone could maybe possibly add it in there, that would be good :x )

Posted 02/03/17, edited 02/03/17
Question, when are the activities checked? :D;;;; I just realized even saving a ton of posts, I did derp out on the spacing in my Cavern so I’ll be moving things around later.
Posted 02/03/17

Congrats to the winners!!  I can’t wait to see the new coats c= 

And Thank You!!!!  to the staff for providing such wonderfully fun and varied prompts for this year’s Winter Watch.  I loved the variety and my Potatography prompted many a questioning stare ^,^ 

Posted 02/03/17

Woah, that raffle got drawn way quicker than I thought. Thought we’d be waiting a few days with so many entries to verify, was a shock to see result had already been posted this morning. O:

Thanks for the event, it was a good chance to actually sit and write stuff for a change, and I managed to get three more profiles done out of all the ones that desperately need doing. Looking forward to the Valentines shop opening up now!

Posted 02/03/17

Well, this definitely woke me up.

The event was super fun, and the diverse activity options meant that there was something for everyone. All the submissions were really creative, and now I wish I could draw a little better. >_<

I’ve never gotten a Glowing Changingshroom…if I could just save enough nuggets for a base then I would be totally set!

Posted 02/03/17

Aw, that’s the second time I do max participation in a high effort event and get nothing from the raffle… but three times is the charm, right? >u>b
Well, the event was super enjoyable nonetheless! Got some doodling practice and three more completed pet profiles out of it! :D

Congrats to the lucky winners!

Posted 02/03/17
//screeches
Posted 02/03/17

-screaming-

What a great thing to wake up to!! Thank you so much for the wonderful event! ;w; <3

Posted 02/03/17

Lala
We marked all of the entries right at rollover, so everything is now finished! :)

[@____]
Since the overall structure and makeup of this event was pretty reminiscent of past Winter Funbooks, we will not be having a formal feedback survey. However, if you (or anybody) have any comments or anything, you are more than welcome to echo Dove and I, or the Bone Monster if that makes you more comfortable!

Posted 02/03/17
Congrats to the winners! I have been so busy the last month I didn’t really have time @_____@ but its good to see so many people did!!! Can’t wait to see all the new GCS babs!
Posted 02/03/17
I just handed out the GCSs!  I’m going to have glitch automate the handing out of the avatar backgrounds, so that one still needs to be handed out.  I’ll post here again once that has been done! :D
Posted 02/03/17

OmG I GOT THE ONE I WANTED
/ gross sobbing I got so lucky

Posted 02/03/17
Woohoo! Thank you ^_^
Posted 02/03/17

AHHHHHHH THANK YOU! I’m so excited! Especially since I nearly forgot to enter the Potato event, and remembered on the last day. YAY YAY YAY THANKS SO MUCH!!!! <3 (Way to go, Tiny Potato)!

ETA: Look at this little cutie! SHE IS SO PRETTY AHHH!HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 02/03/17, edited 02/04/17
I basically just like, seal clapped. Look at these happy people! Congrats to all the winners and thank you staff for a really fun event! I feel like my Mycena kids are finally feelings like characters for real (and most of them are kind of jerks, whaddya know). I didn’t quite participate to the maximum, but it was such a delightful event (even though I couldn’t do art and was sick for the whole thing I HAD FUN IT WAS FUN DARNIT. And Iri’s an actual character. She has a family! Well, had. -wipes away imaginary tear-)
Posted 02/03/17
Participation prizes have been handed out!  If you didn’t get one and you think you should have, echo me and I will look into it! :)
Posted 02/04/17

I really loved the prize for this event? It may be my new favorite avatar bg, and it looks amazing with Courtain and Eliza, which is a super neat thing!

Thanks Crow! I feel better now that my CC is nice and properly spaced. Also, this is the first profile I ever completed for MC, so I’m super proud of myself. I also got skeletons into a bunch of profiles and genesses, so I just feel so productive and effervescently happy about all this.

Posted 02/04/17