12:19 ST
[ACTIVITY] Mycena Cave Secret Santa! [Signup deadline Dec 6th]

Welcome to the third Mycena Cave Secret Santa! It’s described fairly well on the intro page, so without further ado, I’ll plop the link here:
https://www.mycenacave.com/santa/

Please note!

In order to participate in this Secret Santa, your account has to have been created at least one month before this announcement. That is to say, you must have created your account before October 28th to be eligible. If your account is more recent than this, we hope to see you in next year’s Secret Santa :)

Important dates!

December 6th at 23:59 server time: Signup deadline! No exceptions!
Sometime on December 7: Santas will be paired with their Santa’ees!
On or before December 15: Establish contact with your Santa and Santa’ee via SantaMail
On or before December 31: Your Santa’ee should have received their present.
On or before January 15: Hard deadline. Your Santa’ee must have received their present (or proof of shipment).

If both you and your Santa are okay with it, your Santa can mail you a physical present! Santa’ees who do not wish to give out their name and/or address (or who would simply prefer a digital present) may select a “digital presents only” option. If you’re a Santa and you want to send someone a physical present, we’ll do our best to match you with someone who has not selected this option, but of course we can’t guarantee it.

For much more info (well, all the rest of the info, in fact), head over to the Secret Santa page and get started!

Posted 11/27/16, edited 11/27/16

I am already so excited for this. Been waiting for the sign ups for about 2 weeks now. Its such a fun event, and I had an absolute blast last year.

I don’t think I could have signed up any faster :‘D

Posted 11/27/16

My only regret is I have less time for shenanigans this year.

I hope whoever gets me wants some disgusting pineapple lumps treats from nz.

Posted 11/27/16
Yes! I didn’t participate last time, and I regret it. I’m so excited for this year!
Posted 11/27/16, edited 11/27/16
I’ve been wondering when the sign-ups would start! :D
Posted 11/27/16
Oooo :D
Posted 11/27/16
Super hyped for this 8D I wasn’t able to participate last year but thankfully can this year!
Posted 11/27/16
I would like to do this. It seems interesting. What kind of gifts should we gift if digital? Any of the items here worth approximately 10 gems?
Posted 11/28/16
If I click digital, does that automatically mean “MC only”? I wouldn’t mind other digital items (gift cards, off-site, digital downloads, etc), is there a selection for that? I don’t remember from last year ;‘D
Posted 11/28/16

Ahh, I’m so happy we’re doing this again. :) Quietly hoping I get the same santa’ee for the third year in a row, kukukuku

Madara EccentricBerber
Digital gifts could be anything that doesn’t need to be sent to a physical address. This would include digital gift cards, art pieces, whatever you can think up!

Posted 11/28/16
Whelp! Time to flex all my creative muscles because hallelujah have I been waiting for this!
Posted 11/28/16, edited 11/28/16
Ahhh yay, I didn’t participate last year because I was still kinda new to the site, but I’m excited to join this year!
Posted 11/28/16
Whoo! First time having a job since joining, so I should be able to participate for once :0c I’m looking forward to this!
Posted 11/28/16
All signed up and ready to go! ^-^
Posted 11/28/16
AW YEAH, the best time of the year. BRING ON THE GIFTING.
Posted 11/28/16
I can’t wait! I loved participating both years, so bring on a third round!
Posted 11/28/16
Aw I can’t participate due to when I joined it would seem. I will look forward to it next year.
Posted 11/29/16
Ooh, I didn’t realize Mycena Cave did a Secret Santa, since I joined this year. I am so ready for the gifting! ^^
Posted 11/29/16
Am I eligible to sign up?
Posted 12/03/16

Dracule Demone I see that you joined November 2nd. Unfortunately the main post states:

you must have created your account before October 28th to be eligible

so I don’t think you’ll be able to take part this year! I’m sorry! You missed the deadline by a few days.

Posted 12/03/16
If you’re not sure whether you’re eligible or not, head over to the Secret Santa Signup page: if your account is too new then will say so instead of showing you the signup page :)
Posted 12/03/16
This is a quick reminder that signups for the Secret Santa activity close tomorrow night! (December 6th at 23:59 server time)
Posted 12/05/16

Santas have been assigned!

Please reach out to your Santa and your Santa’ees to say hello via SantaMail :) You’re encouraged to be chatty!

Posted 12/07/16

I have a question about sending pet trades to our santa-ees. I don’t remember from last year because I sent a physical gift, but if we want to send out pets (which cannot be sent anonymously) to our santa-ee, is there a preferred method the staff would like us to use?

Would it be ok to use volunteers who offer to send the pet trades onward to their destination? Like I would be very open to being an intermediary so Santa-ees don’t immediately know who their Santa is because of the trade, but I’m not sure I should even offer if the staff don’t want us to do that (in case of potential scamming or what have you).

Posted 12/07/16

raus
I will double check to be sure, but I believe last year we had players who wanted to send pets to their Santa-ee go through the Bone Monster, who would then forward the pet to its destination. 

Posted 12/08/16

raus Crow that’s correct! The Bone Monster is happy to act as a go-between.

To gift a pet, send it in a trade to the Bone Monster, and use the trade title to indicate that it’s a secret santa gift and who it’s for :)

Posted 12/08/16, edited 12/08/16
Crow glitch Awesome, thanks so much for the info!
Posted 12/08/16

glitch
Heyo! Just a question but… is it possible to add a preview feature to santa mail? Since BBCode is accepted, it’d be nice to make sure any linked urls function properly before sending the message ^^;

Posted 12/08/16
Silent The easiest way to do this would be to put your message in the echo / forum post form and click the preview button there. Your message will render the same in an echo preview as it will in SantaMail :)
Posted 12/08/16
glitch never even thought of that… Thanks xD
Posted 12/08/16