05:01 ST
Guess the Item, Get the Prize!!
Guess the Item, Get the Prize
How to Play

Do you like games of randomness and chance? How well do you know Mycena Cave? In this game, we’ll put it all to the test. A random item will be described using a minimum of three vague points. Here’s an example:

Clues:
1. I have a very popular brother
2. I can be found around Mycena Cave
3. I like to be held

Correct item:

Left boot!

1. I have a very popular brother : the Left Boot has a common counterpart - the Right Boot! This item is much easier to find than the elusive Left Boot
2. I can be found around Mycena Cave : you are able to acquire Left Boots through Fishing!
3. I like to be held : in the item Pair of Boots, the Kelph pet will hold the left boot in their paws!

The first user to guess the item correctly not only receives that item, but will also have the chance to come up with clues for their own item as well! However, if they prefer not to be the creator that round, they may choose to differ their turn over to myself, who will be more than happy to create some more clues and riddles! Now that we’ve got the premise of the game explained away, there are a few rules that we’ll need to touch upon:

Rules

1. Only one guess each day (one per riddle)
2. No editing or changing guesses after they’ve been posted
4. If three or more days have gone by without a correct guess, an additional hint will be added.
5. If creating clues, please have at least three
6. Have fun! :D

Current Items

1. Rooting for you
2. Curling around
3. Smile!

1. Soft elegance
2. Like a flower
3. A crown fit for any royal

1. Carved from…
2. Don’t let the voices get in your head
3. Bump in the night

1. As tall as you are high
2. Borrowed tool
3. Are those real?

Current Items

1. There are four places where I can be found

The Hardy Mums item has four different toggles, meaning that it can be found on four different places on your pet!

2. I much prefer the shade over sun

The Hardy Mums was one of October’s Out of the Shadows item! Though it can be found through other means (i.e. Cave Capsules), getting it directly from the OotS shop is most user’s preferred way of obtaining the item!

3. I have a lot of friends, I promise that I’ll grow on you too

This hint was meaning to imply that not only was this item organic (hence “grow”), but it also is ON the pet you equip it to! Quite literally growing on them!

4. You’ll have to first ask your parents if you can play with me

Dad’s too tired, so you’ve got to ask for Mom’s permission, or Mum, in some families!

5. I know that I look amazing, but please don’t eat me!

Many users were guessing items that could be consumed by your pets, so I gave this hint to try and direct guessers to something still organic, but non-edible!

1. Put me on, and we’re bound to be ahead of the game!

Icy Spirit’s Horns are a head item. A head…ahead.

2. Chill out, bro

The “chill out” refers back to the Icy part of the Icy Spirit’s Horns!

3. Even though I look tough, I’m surprisingly sensitive

If you take a look at the flavor text for the Icy Spirit’s Horns, you’ll notice that it reads:
These horns are made of something tough yet surprisingly light, wisping away like frozen swirls of mist.

1. I make things look prettier

You could almost say that you’re seeing things through rose-colored glasses!

2. I’m not a fruit, but you could call me a pear

A pair of glasses, that is!

3. I’m absolutely a blast from the past!

Retro, by definition is relating to, reviving, or being the styles and especially the fashions of the past

1. Second-hand

In the flavor text, it mentions this item is made of recycled paper, since second-hand

2. Shaped like a friend

Who couldn’t love this cute little origami companion??

3. Surprisingly combustible :/

Their poor singed edges…paper and fire doesn’t exactly mix well..

1. Swirly, whirly, without a care

The flavor text of the Enchanted Winter item notes: Leaves swirl through the air, borne on an icy breeze tinged with hints of winter magic. It is an item that swirls and whirls around your pet!

2. Spewing things everywhere

Note the leaves and acorns..

3. Is that ice in your hair?

It is tinged with hints of icy magic, after all!

1. Jack can’t outrun this one

The flavor text of the Leg Burn Scar notes that: Even the nimble and the quick can’t outrun the fire every time.
If you recall the old nursery rhyme “Jack be Nimble,” they are referred to as quick and nimble. However, it appears that, this time, Jack was neither quick nor nimble enough.

2. Hot or cold, it’s hard to tell

Burns can be caused from both extreme heats and extreme cold temperatures!

3. It can never leave your side

A scar this large and nasty will likely stay on one’s body for quite a while, if not forever!

4. A reminder of past mistakes

Most scars are caused by accidents or misfortunate events. (Not all scars, though!)

This riddle relied heavily upon the flavor text of the item, as opposed to the appearance or the name.

1. Thick but not too thin

Probably somewhere in between the two. In the flavor text of the text of the Suspiciously Red Beverage, it refers to this item being rather viscous. Viscous is defined as: having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid.

2. Probably too corny for your tastes

It’s probably just tomato juice with some cornstarch, though…right? Corny, because all of the cornstarch.

3. ...right?

The flavor text of the Suspiciously Red Beverage ends with an awfully ominous ...right?

4. Disturbing, eh?

A glass filled with some myseterious liquid that may or may not be blood is certainly something I’d refer to as disturbing!

1. Worth one or two pictures

They say that every picture is worth a thousand words. Given the size of this journal, that would make it worth about…a few pictures, I suppose?

2. Keeps peace of mind

The flavor text of the Leatherbound Journal says: Keep all of your notes and thoughts safe in this sturdy notebook. Keeping private thoughts safe has to be quite a peace of mind.

3. The smell..

Being bound with leather, this book ought to have quite a unique, musty smell that accompanies it.

1. Tousled tresses

The Rebel’s wig is a wig (or tresses) that are a bit messy, or touseled!

2. Unexpectedly enchanting

The flavor text of the Lovely Rebel’s Wig states: Though unruly at first glance, this disheveled hairstyle is unexpectedly enchanting upon a second look.

3. Found in a shop ran by a lover of potato

The Lovely Rebel’s Wig can be found in the Valentine’s Day shop, which is ran by the beautiful Peent, who happens to be in a geness with the ever so lovely Potato

1. Flap flap, like a bat

Not only are these wings leathery, like bat wings, they also flap! I don’t know the proper terminology, my apologies..

2. On your back they sat

When equipped to your pet, these wings sit right on your pet’s back!

3. Spooky

These wings offer a bit of a spooky vibe! Not to mention the vampires - they’re a perfect item for the Halloween season.

1. Falling gently onto still waters

The Floating Lilies can be created with items grabbed from the Fishing Hole, our local pond here on Mycena Cave. Ponds are typically bodies of still, non-moving water!

2. I don’t sink, nor do I swim

These lilies float!

3. With my sisters, we are 11

When equipped, this item surrounds surrounds your pet with many lily petals and a total of 11 whole flowers!

A rad lad with luxurious locks. Boppin’, poppin, he certainly rocks. He’s found here on Mycena at one particular spot..

1. Rad lad with luxurious locks

The Rockstar Bass’ flavor text lets us know that this particular fish has quite the manicured mane. It reads: What looks like luxurious locks are actually gill filaments. This bad boy needs a lot of oxygen for his voice to carry underwater.

2. Boppin’, poppin, he certainly rocks

He is a rockstar, after all!

3. At one particular spot..

The only place where the Rockstar Bass can be found here on Mycena Cave is the Fishing Hole!

1. All colors there be, you can see on me

The Prismatic Tail Bow sports a flashy rainbow coloration! Each of the colors on the rainbow can be seen on this pretty little tail bow.

2. Tie me tight, or else I’ll fall off in your flight

When equipped to your pet, this tail bow is tied tightly to their tail. If it isn’t tied tightly enough, it may slip off, so be careful!

3. I have many cousins, who do you like best?

There are many different colorations of the bow items; verdant, orange, starry, red, pink, cream and many more! Which is your favorite?

Winds in the east, theres a mist comin’ in
Like somethin’ is brewin’ and ‘bout to begin
From the looks of it, we won’t want to be here for when it does!

Unlike our usual hint formula, this riddle doesn’t have a specific 123 part to it! The first two lines are from the very popular Mary Poppins. These lines allude to something incoming, in this case, a storm! It’s also a nod to the “Ominous” part of the Ominous Sky Background. Ominous is defined as: giving the impression that something bad or unpleasant is going to happen. Or something that is “about to begin.” By the looks of the background, I’d imagine that this storm is likely a bad one. Might not want to hang around for much longer.

Can I steal your gaze? From far away, you still manage to fall into these inky pools.

1. Steal your gaze

The Otherworldly Eyes are a donated eye item, hence “stolen gaze!”

2. From far away

It’s from another world, in fact!

3. Inky pools

Eyes can often be described as pools. These eyes, however, are the darkest, inkiest pools I’ve ever seen!

From my head to my shoulders, I’ve written my heart on my sleeve just for you.

1. This item is most prominately featured on your pets’ head and shoulder reigon!

2. “wearing one’s heart on their sleeve” is a common phrase for giving all of your love to someone! In this case, this pet’s hearts are quite literally written on their sleeve!

Posted 10/23/21, edited 12/01/21

thonk emoji

Posted 10/23/21

oooooo hmm

is it the cat whisker mushrooms?

Posted 10/23/21
Very good guesses the both of you, but not quite!  :D
Posted 10/24/21
Fungal Growth?
Posted 10/24/21
Not quite, but quite warm!
Posted 10/25/21

is it the Teal Pondshroom?

Posted 11/07/21

This is super cute!

Tunnel crawler mushroom, perhaps?
Posted 11/07/21

I feel like everyone is on the right track, but nobody has landed the correct answer quite yet! Seeing as over three days have passed, here are some additional hints!

Posted 11/07/21
I don’t know that this hits on all the hints, but another idea…
A gloomshroom?
Posted 11/08/21
Hmmm is it…

Mushroom of Forgetting?

Posted 11/08/21

Bit of a wild guess, but is it…

a changingshroom?
Posted 11/08/21
Is it a pondshroom?
Posted 11/08/21

a Lionfish Mushroom?

Also I don’t really quite understand some of the hints… are they supposed to be just in the description/“on the site” things or are they based on outside info like either things that can be inferred/common knowledge or information outside of MC?

Posted 11/08/21

That is a great question, Calibris! Thank you for asking, I’ll be sure to add the answer to the first page.

Most of the hints are riddles themselves, and are not meant to be taken at face value. Just because a location is mentioned, doesn’t mean that it is a specific site page, or that it can be linked to a url. No outside knowledge is needed for these hints, everything can be found here on Mycena! :D

Dropping more hints! The answer has not been found yet~

*Since an extra hint has been given out, guesses for everyone have been reset for today!
(i.e. if you’ve already guessed once today, you may guess again!)

Posted 11/08/21, edited 11/08/21
is it

‘cause if not i think i have to give up xD i just went through the entire item catalogue and i have no idea what else it could be. >A>

Posted 11/08/21

a Blue Ringed Hugtopus?

Posted 11/09/21

Doomfrog Inna shroom?

Posted 11/09/21

Everyone’s giving really good answers, but the answer hasn’t been given yet. Here’s a couple more hints to help you out!
*guesses have been reset

Have you tried turning me on and off?
I like to hang out with my BFFs!
I am a bit clingy though, I’ll always be on your tail!
Dad’s a little tired, gotta ask Mom
I mean, if you really wanted too, you could, but I’m much too pretty for that

Posted 11/09/21, edited 11/09/21
Is it…
nightblooms?
Posted 11/09/21
Fleeting Flowers?
Posted 11/09/21
Hardy Mums?
Posted 11/09/21

The answer has been guessed correctly! Congrats to Gabriel who gave the correct answer of: Hardy Mums!! Congrats to everyone who participated in this round, you all came up with some very good guesses. I was really impressed by everyone :D

The Hardy Mums item has four different toggles, meaning that it can be found on four different places on your pet!

The Hardy Mums was one of October’s Out of the Shadows item! Though it can be found through other means (i.e. Cave Capsules), getting it directly from the OotS shop is most user’s preferred way of obtaining the item!

This hint was meaning to imply that not only was this item organic (hence “grow”), but it also is ON the pet you equip it to! Quite literally growing on them!

Dad’s too tired, so you’ve got to ask for Mom’s permission, or Mum, in some families!

Many users were guessing items that could be consumed by your pets, so I gave this hint to try and direct guessers to something still organic, but non-edible!

Again, super great guesses everyone!! Gabriel, please let me know if you’d like to create the next riddle for everyone! If you’d prefer not to, that’s perfectly fine!! Congrats on winning :D

Posted 11/09/21

Ooooh yay! Awesome guesses everyone :D

And oh Reggi, I don’t have anything in mind for the riddle, you can handle that if that’s okay! Thanks for the Mums! ^w^

Posted 11/09/21

Absolutely! I’ll create a few riddles this round with varying levels of difficulty so those who really like to be challenged can have a chance to really shine. Also I’m hoping that those who don’t particularly shine at riddle-guessing won’t get frustrated. I just want everyone to have fun :D <3

New Riddles

1. I make things look prettier
2. I’m not a fruit, but you could call me a pear
3. I’m absolutely a blast from the past!

1. Put me on, and we’re bound to be ahead of the game!
2. Chill out, bro
3. Even though I look tough, I’m surprisingly sensitive

1. Jack can’t outrun this one
2. Hot or cold, it’s hard to tell
3. It can never leave your side

1. Thick but not too thin
2. Probably too corny for your tastes
3. ...right?

With these new level difficulties, you are now able to guess once a day for each category!

Posted 11/09/21, edited 11/12/21
candyfloss wings?
racer’s hat?
chained beholder?
candy corn scarf?

(Thank you so much for hosting this Reggi! It’s been a neat little puzzle >:D)

Posted 11/09/21, edited 11/09/21

I’m gonna keep contemplating the rest but real quick

retro sunnies?

Posted 11/09/21

i have A Guess for now :3c

ghostly floating candles?
Posted 11/09/21

Ornate Horns?

I might try the rest later

Posted 11/10/21

Peachy Cream Wings?

Icy Spirit’s Horns????