12:50 ST
The Great Halloween Gift Exchange

Hellooooow everyone and welcome to the first annual Halloween Gift Exchange of Mycena Cave Dot Com (not a sponsor)!

I know a lot of us are really going through it lately, myself included.  With Halloween coming up, and the weather finally starting to cool down in my area, I’ve been diving headfirst into Spooky Season Vibes.  Of course, I can’t throw a Halloween party irl because… well, there’s a pandemic.  But!  I can throw an approximation of a Halloween party on here with all of you lovely folks!  All the fun of trick or treating (sorta) without any of the risk (probably)! 

My proposal is simple: part one is candy, part two is gifts.

Part One is a candy exchange.  People will be paired up randomly via some sort of software.  From there you send one another treats and everyone has a wonderful Halloween!  Of course, this isn’t limited necessarily to candy.  If you find some cute Halloween socks or a cute bat shaped Rice Crispy Treat or something along those lines, that’s fine, but the focus of the gift should be candy!

Part Two is a virtual gift exchange.  Again, upon signing up, everyone will be paired randomly with another user.  This one will be more akin to a secret santa, however, and your gifts are suggested to remain anonymous!  Though, of course, you may reveal yourself after the fact.

Sign-ups will run from September 29th through October 6th.

Gifting will run from October 7th through November 4th.

You may sign up for both events!  In fact, I encourage it, if you have the time and resources.  I know both of those things can be few and far between, so there’s no shame in doing just one, or neither.

The one big rule to remember here is that your Trick or Treater is really looking forward to whatever you send them, digital or physical!  Should you fail to send anything, you will be considered a Ghost, and in addition to just making someone really bummed, you won’t be allowed to participate in any future Halloween Gift Exchanges, if I hold more in the future.  :^[ In case of Ghosts, anyone may sign up to be a Necromancer, and they will be responsible for supplying gifts to anyone who was a victim of a Ghost.

Additionally, everyone who participates (other than Ghosts, of course) will get a cute little badge because why not!!

One last note before I break the festivities down in more detail: this is an entirely user run event!  Right now it’s just me and my spooky lil helpers.  Mycena and it’s staff are not responsible for any mishaps, on the off chance they arise.  Please make sure you’re comfortable with sharing personal information such as your address with people onsite before signing up!

Posted 09/28/20, edited 09/29/20
Candy Exchange

Alright, this is where things start to get sweet (hehe get it?).

The candy exchange is the main event here!  After signing up with the form below, everyone will be entered into a drawing to be randomly paired up!  You will have until the deadline to send your gift.  If the gift is not received by the deadline, you must be able to at least provide a tracking number to your Trick or Treater.

Because I don’t feel comfortable being responsible for everyone’s mailing addresses, this part of the exchange will not be anonymous.  Once you receive your partner, you must touch base with your Treater/Trick or Treater within a week so you can exchange mailing info.  If you haven’t heard from your Treater by October 14th, please let me know and you will be paired with a Necromancer!

Gifts should have a value of at least $5 (USD), though keep in mind that doesn’t include any shipping costs!  There will be no upper limit, but remember that you going all out doesn’t necessarily mean your Treater will be able to.  What sorta candy you send is up to your discretion - you can stick with name brand or branch out to local goodies!  Just try to keep any listed preferences in mind and keep an eye on allergen warnings.

Sign-up Form:

Name:
Favorite candies:
Favorite flavors:
Any allergies:
I am within the US: yes/no
I am willing to ship internationally: yes/no
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: yes/no (please note that international shipping can be expensive, only sign up as an international necromancer if you’re sure you’re comfortable with that!)

Participants:
Hawkins
Teaunicorn
Miranda
Purr
Ollieshark
Reggi
Sweaters
Chicken
Huli
Jacq
Kaceycat
Talicinx
Pink Chocolate
Blemy

Necromancers:
Hawkins
Miranda
Reggi
Purr
Sweaters
Pink Chocolate
Blemy

Posted 09/28/20, edited 10/05/20
Gift Exchange

This part of the exchange will be a secret santa-style gift giving!  Sign up with the form below, and your name will be entered into a drawing.  Everyone will be paired up randomly, and you will have until the deadline to send a gift! 

You may opt to remain anonymous forever, or you can reveal yourself once your gift is sent - it’s up to you! 

Gifts should have a minimum value of 5 gems, and there’s no hard upper limit!  When signing up, it’s recommended to have a wishlist for your Treater to reference when curating your gift.  This wishlist can include anything from art to items to currency - just be sure not to exclusively ask for very expensive or rare items! 

Note that these gifts don’t necessarily have to be Halloween themed, but if you can work it in… that’d be really cute.

Sign-up Form:

Name:
Wishlist: can be a link or you can just list stuff here!
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: yes/no

Participants:
Hawkins
Teaunicorn
Miranda
Polygone
Purr
Hoax
Ollieshark
Reggi
DeepRiver1995
Apiphily
Huli
Jacq
Talicinx
Pink Chocolate

Necromancers:
Hawkins
Teaunicorn
Miranda
Purr
Reggi
DeepRiver1995
Huli
Jacq
Talicinx
Pink Chocolate

Posted 09/28/20, edited 10/05/20

candy exchange:

Name: Hawkins
Favorite candies:  Sour Patch Kids, Kitkats, Twix, Twizzlers, Reese’s Cups, any kinda chocolate covered nuts (except for white chocolate….....), truffles, gummies, those lil caramel rings with the cream filling….
Favorite flavors: peanut butter, mint, hazelnut, cinnamon, anything fruity except for banana
Any allergies: none! but I rlly rlly don’t like candy corn so u could say I’m allergic emotionally. I also don’t like coconut that much lmao
I am within the US: yes!
I am willing to ship internationally: no unfortunately :^[
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: yes

gift exchange:

Name: Hawkins
Wishlist: my wishlist is here!  also always open to nuggs/gems or art of Bo or Icarus who are both canon characters!

and that’s that!  if anyone has any questions, feel free to drop them here or send me an echo!  thanks so much!  happy almost Halloweeeeeeeen

Posted 09/29/20, edited 10/06/20

Name: Teya
Favorite candies: chocolate, lollipops, uhhh geez, rockets if youre canadian, fuzzy peach,
Favorite flavors: caramel, strawberry, peanut :b:utter, orange, mint,
Any allergies: none that are relevant
I am within the US: thankfully not
I am willing to ship internationally: no. match me to the one and only one other canadian (yes i can ship internationa
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: nein danke ich habe keine geld :timetoregret:

Gimft
Name: teaunicorn “teya” the unicorn
Wishlist: its on my front page ill update it i pwomis-
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: now this. this i can do.

Posted 09/29/20

CANDY
Name: randy! (miranda)
Favorite candies: twix, snickers, reeses, lil cakey type things, SOUR stuff, hi chew
Favorite flavors: tart n fruity and sour! i DO like cherry, lemon, orange, blue razz, green apple, and i am not crazy abt grape, lime, or watermelon (i also like chocolate)
Any allergies: no…..
I am within the US: yes
I am willing to ship internationally: yes

DIGITAL
Name: its still miranda
Wishlist: i made one just for this it’s here but u can also draw my pets if u want!!
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: yeah!

Gift exchange:
Name: Polygone
Wishlist: There’s a list of stuff on my profile, and art of anyone in the first four pet pockets would also be much appreciated! :o
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: No~

Posted 09/29/20

lee you’re the best :D

Candy
Name: Purr!
Favorite candies: Reese’s cups, toffee, anything sour or chocolatey. I would super love to try new things/candy local to your area, though I will eat just about anything!
Favorite flavors: Chocolate (milk preferred, dark and white are fine though), peanut butter, mint, apple, citrus, (blue) raspberry, maple. I am not fond of watermelon, banana, grape, or whole nuts - chopped are fine. I will tolerate coconut but don’t particularly like it. I’m very sensitive to bitter flavors and spice and would prefer neither of those in abundance.
Any allergies: No! c: wait yes - mildly allergic to strawberries. I won’t go into shock or anything but I get a Rash™ and would prefer to avoid them entirely.
I am willing to ship internationally: no (I can probably do Canada but overseas is out of the question)
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: yes (ouo)

Digital
Name: Purr!
Wishlist: Currency is great. I have a priority shopping list on my profile and a more extensive wishlist in the spoiler in the first post of my sales thread. I love art! My Toyhouse is purrdri. That being said I will very happily welcome absolutely anything c:
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: yes (ouo)

edited last minute to add that if you have any questions, anonymous or otherwise, feel free to reach out! :D

Digital
Name: Hoax
Wishlist:
- 18k nuggets, 5 gems, OOTS items sets (any items)
- Any combination of a couple cosmetic items, forum avatar backgrounds, pet backgrounds
- Fodder pet
- Shrooms or pets: Starchaser, pintsized herder, thunder dog, autumn forager, ill omen, haunted hound, white spotty jellyfish, equillibrium
- Art of this character:

I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: No.

Posted 09/29/20, edited 10/03/20

Candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Name: Ollieshark
Favorite candies: reese’s cups, wonder balls, starburst, skittles, gummy bears, sour gummy worms, hershey’s, sweet tarts, laffy taffy, tootsie pops and blow pops, double bubble gum, sour patch kids, bubble yum, generic gumballs lol.
Favorite flavors: mostly fruity stuff and chocolate but not when mixed together and nothing super sour or with a gushy filling please!
Any allergies: none that i know of but i also live in absolute fear that i will try something new and immediately die from a reaction.
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: no

Virtual exchange
Name: Ollieshark
Wishlist: there’s one on my profile (it ahs been updated!) Along with those items, fodder pets, nuggets, gems, art, and writing for my pets would be appreciated too! literally anything, really. i’m not interested in pp tho.

Posted 09/29/20, edited 10/05/20

Candy Exchange

Name: Reggi
Favorite candies: kitkats, twix, chocolate
Favorite flavors: chocolate, caramel, toffee, nuts, fruit, cherries, gummies, dark chocolate (any is fine but I LOVE dark chocolate. The darker the better)
Any allergies: coconut

Digital Exchange
Name: Reggi
Wishlist: any coats I don’t own, BoW items, backgrounds, jewelry items, art, gems, art… seriously anything. I will love u forever jk I already love u forever
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: y e s

edit: if you would like me to create a more detailed wishlist, please send a anonymous box saying so! I’m more than happy to help any way I can :D

Digital
Name: DeepRiver1995
Wishlist: Backgrounds, coats I don’t have, fodder, any animal and plant items, art, gems, nuggets, and anything else!
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: Yes

Posted 09/29/20, edited 09/29/20

Gift Exchange!
Name: Api! apiphily
Wishlist: Gems, nuggies, PP are always safe… the wishlist on my profile is more big ticket items. Anything birb related is always good too or just spoopy in general~
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: not this time thank you!

Posted 09/30/20

Candy Exchange!

Name: sweaters
Favorite candies: hnngh m&ms, starbursts, snickers
Favorite flavors: I’m not too picky and I love to try new things, especially regional and international goodies!
Any allergies: no!
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: yes!

Thanks for setting this up, Hawkins!!

Posted 10/01/20
Gentle reminder there’s only a few more days to sign up!! 8>
Posted 10/03/20

Name: Chicken
Favorite candies: Gummies, mints, anything non chocolate (I’m not opposed to chocolate as a whole fwiw but it’s not my fave) or anything Japanese or Korean
Favorite flavors: raspberry, strawberry, milk, peach, lychee, etc
Any allergies: none but preferably shots almonds as i live with someone with an allergy!
I am willing to ship internationally: no

Posted 10/04/20

Candy Exchange:
Name: Huli
Favorite candies: Salt liqorice and most chocolates. I just want to try any candies from other countries :D
Favorite flavors: umm for chocolate maybe dark choco with raspberry or hazelnut. so many good flavors!
Any allergies: no
I am within the US: no
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: no (unless it can be like Europe only which I don’t think is possible :D)

Gift exchange:
Name: Huli
Wishlist: In my profile (need to update that one :“D)

Posted 10/04/20

Name: Jacq
Favorite candies: Snickers, peanut butter m&ms, cola gummies, (I’m like huli, I’d like to try new/strange/local flavours!)
Favorite flavors: Peanut butter, nuts, tamarind
Any allergies: nope! (no marshmallows please)
I am within the US: no
I am willing to ship internationally: yes!

Name: Jacq
Wishlist: I don’t have a link, sorry. In no particular order
- Honourary brain plushies
- Saying nice things about my characters or stories
- Any of the new donated shop items! I haven’t been able to keep up and want them ALL lol
- Art!

Posted 10/04/20, edited 10/04/20

Caaaaaaaaandyyyyyyyyy

Name: Kacey
Favorite candies: Skittles, cookies ‘n cream chocolate, reese’s cups, gummies (Though I would absolutely love if you went with small-brand local stuff over major name brands available everywhere. Honestly I’m not picky at all when it comes to sugar, and I have a major sweet tooth. Whatever you send me, I will almost assuredly devour)
Favorite flavors: Peanut butter, mint, artificial grape, orange, lemon, white chocolate, hazelnut, sour
Any allergies: None that would be relevant here, unless you plan on slipping me some antibiotics (I’ve heard amoxicillin is apparently bubblegum flavored and really tasty? Sadly, I’ll never get to know that joy. ;-;) Edit: I don’t like coconut or banana, forgot to mention that
I am within the US: Ye
I am willing to ship internationally: No, sorry
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: No, sorry

Posted 10/05/20, edited 10/05/20

Name: Talicinx
Favorite candies: Starburst, Twix, Gummy candy, sour keys, Milky way (they don’t sell these in Canada sadly), Wunderbar, Terry’s chocolate orange,  Reese’s cups and I would also be interested in receiving local treats
Favorite flavors: Raspberry, mint, hazelnut, maple, caramel, lemon, orange
Any allergies: no, though I don’t really like chunks of nuts in my chocolate unless it is hazelnut. Also no Coconut please
I am within the US: no, I am from Canada

Name: Talicinx
Wishlist: It can be found on my profile page
Nuggets and gems are good too

Posted 10/05/20, edited 10/05/20
candy exchange:

Name: Pink Chocolate
Favorite candies:  CANDY BUTTONS (I will seriously eat my weight in these, I can never get enough), grape now and laters, strawberry twizzlers, peanut butter m&ms, cheddar and caramel popcorn, rice candy, plain mochi
Favorite flavors: sweet and sour, apple, watermelon, cookies and cream,
Any allergies: none! but I rlly rlly don’t like candy corn so u could say I’m allergic emotionally (stealing this from Hawkins because it’s hilarious and hella true for me, too. Same with circus peanuts, they are literally the worst)
I am within the US: yes!
I am willing to ship internationally: sadly unable to

gift exchange:

Name: Pink Chocolate
Wishlist: [ Here ] - I love the eyelash items, so those are always a safe bet. I can’t seem to get enough of them xD

Posted 10/05/20

I love this :3c

Candy Exchange

Name: Blemy
Favorite candies: All of them I’m partial to reece cups, kitkats, and m&ms. Really, anything chocolate related is great, so any major candy brand in the US at least I am 10/10 for, and hard candy coated things with softer insides are <3 I love Swedish fish, gushers, and gummy candies in general too! I also love trying unusual candies, so don’t be scared off picking out whatever you want! I’m not overly picky, anything sweet tasting is great, and savory candies are neat to try as well ^_^
Favorite flavors: Chocolate, raspberry, strawberry, peanut butter, and orange!
Any allergies: Nope! (If I may note, no mints/candy cane type candies? Mint flavored chocolate and stuff is fine, or ones with little mint bits, but I work with mint stuff at work and constantly have to taste test mint/menthol stuff, so pure mint isn’t my favorite pick, but I would still eat it if you sent it to me)
I am within the US: Yes
I am willing to ship internationally: Yes
I would like to sign up as a Necromancer: Yes

:3c

Posted 10/05/20

Good morning everyone!!!  This is the last day to sign up, so if you’ve been on the fence today’s the day!!! <3

Posted 10/06/20, edited 10/06/20

thank u for the reminder lee consider me lishwist updated o7

edit: also considered me heart… excited!!

Posted 10/06/20, edited 10/06/20

PSST if anyone has any last minute name entries, get your name in the pool now! About 40 minutes left to go >:D

(I’m so excited)

Posted 10/06/20

that’s that!!! I’ll be sending out official pairings shortly! <3 thanks to everyone who signed up!!!!

edit: sent!  if I missed anyone please let me know!

Posted 10/07/20, edited 10/07/20

Aw man, I haven’t been on the forums in days cuz of work. I wish I would have seen this; I totally would have signed up! ^^;; Oh well. Hopefully you’ll host this again next year.

*edit* Though I do owe my mom a good chunk of money, so it’s probably for the best that I missed it, haha. xux;; I hope everyone has fun!!

Posted 10/07/20, edited 10/07/20
oh nooo tamaaaaaaa D’8 I’m definitely hoping to do this/something similar next year so I’ll give you a ping next go round <3
Posted 10/09/20

thank u to my halloween buddy for my assortment of goodies!!! some are for a pet i dont have yet but STAY TUNED for cute pet dress ups soon!!!

yes i am so BEAUTIFUL with my NEW SCARF

Posted 10/19/20
They look great Miranda !! =D
Posted 10/28/20