13:43 ST
♨ Magic Puddle game

One of my favorite things to do on Mycena is to make outfits in the Magic Puddle!  For example, on discord I was having fun playing with dressing up a Torch with Jacq (and check out their beautiful pet because WROW)

There’s no prizes or anything (so, mods, if this needs to move please feel free to move it!); just give me a coat name and any restrictions (“no wigs”, “no BGs”, etc) and I’ll use any items on the item page to dress them up in the Puddle!

Feel free to join in, too, just for fits and shiggles.

Posted 12/19/18

Kippie

Try the royal red coat….

Posted 12/19/18
Dragongem23 I think the hidden coats remain hidden unless you have one! So I can’t use the magic puddle on the royal red, unfortunately. :(
Posted 12/19/18

Purr You requested an Ink Wash in chat!!

I made a little fiend! I’d turn off the ponytail but that’s about it; this little booger looks like he’s ready to cause mischief!

Posted 12/19/18

someone on discord i noticed said starlight were hard to customize outside their oots so i wanted to give that one a try, i made a quick magic fren!!

Posted 12/19/18

Your dressup game is so stronk Kippie it’s great! Also wow what a cute Torch the owner must be very fantastic
Also Miranda I’m really impressed with that starlight :O

Does anyone want to take a crack at an Ephemeral Light? I don’t have one they just seem tricky to dress.
(no restrictions!)

Posted 12/19/18, edited 12/19/18

Jacq
Yeah they are hard but i tried to do one..

Upright position
~Arm,Leg & Foot Bandage~
~Bluebirds~
~Golden Ear Cuff~
~Blessing of Joy~
~Celestial Compass Frame~

[/Spoilers]

Posted 12/19/18

Jacq I remember mine was pretty tricky when I still had it! But I think some of the new items mesh quite well.  I made a wisewoman, a character you could conceivably write as old, heck!

The Lovely Rebel Wig also goes really well with Ephemerals, which is good bc that poor wig barely matches anything else.

Posted 12/19/18

Dragongem23 I don’t know if this is what you meant, but seeing as I have a Royal Red, I recreated that outfit in the Puddle for you! If you want me to make a new outfit, I can. I like doing these too.

Edit: I also have a few other hidden coats. Let me know if you want me to dress them up too!

Posted 12/19/18, edited 12/19/18

Kippie

I’ve always found it really difficult to dress the Lammergeiers, personally. I’d love to see your spin on things! (if you’re still doing this :3 )

Posted 12/22/18

Reggi You’re not kidding, these are pretty tough!  But I think I’ve got two really cute dressups, even if the scarf isn’t available yet on the first.

Posted 12/22/18
Kippie What about a kittea or a fog? They’re two of my favorite coats and I’d love to see your spin on them, if either interest you!
Posted 12/22/18

I’ve been lowkey creepin on this thread because I’m a very picky dresser-upper, so it’s cool to see other people’s aesthetics! :>

I’ve been having a heck of a time dressing my djinn.  she’s a witch and I know we have a lot of gr8 items for that but so many of them don’t look good on them? so idk if you wanna take a stab at a witchy djinn I’d love to see what you come up with!

Posted 12/22/18
Losty Kittea and Fog! Going for a sort of foresty vibe in the first one and a Japanese vibe on the second.

Hawkins Djinn are sooo cute but yeah there aren’t a ton of warmer purple items!

Posted 12/22/18

Hawkins i wanted to give the djinn a try too, if that’s okay! this is what i came up with:

(im still on the fence abt the butterfly tear gem and the starspun strands haha)

edit: ALSO Kippie i really love ur kittea dress up!!

Posted 12/22/18, edited 12/22/18
Miranda THE AUTUMN HAT how did I miss it!!! SO GOOD FOR WITCHY CHARACTERS and a Djinn matches it well!!
Posted 12/22/18

Kippie Miranda :0 me: takes notes

those both look way better than what I’ve been working with lmao the hat and the grimoir!! Also those backgrounds are both good! inspiring, thank you! :>

Posted 12/23/18

The autumn hat and scar yo really well with the grimoire….no matter
what coat really.Huh

Posted 12/23/18

Kippie and the enchanted grimoire, of course!!! it’s EXACTLY the color palette i was trying to go for too!

Hawkins :D yay!!! i look forward to seeing ur djinn~

Posted 12/23/18

Did another one for Purr recently, figured I’d plop it in here!! I still love doing this so I’m still up for the challenge~

Posted 07/06/19

Kippie

Ooh! I’d love help with my Corroded Automation, if you’re up for it. Perhaps an aviator?

Posted 07/06/19, edited 07/06/19

[Reggi] Aviator prompt!! A cute prompt!!

The coat setup would be a little pricy, but… the mantle + the cowboy vest layer to sorta make that great aviator jacket look! you could also swap out the boots for Stony Steppers to match the hair (black hair is just great and versatile), or swap hair colors (brown is a bit pale but not untenable, rebel’s wig is good for the red+gold also in the vest). The Sky BG also works but this postcard BG matches the automaton’s blue eyes!

EDIT: Purr challenged me to do sunshower kelpie!!

Posted 07/06/19, edited 07/06/19
Kippie Could you do something with an upright Little Nissie? If you want a challenge, I’d love to see the Far, Far Away or Dreamscape background used.
Posted 07/07/19

Yoshi Nissies are cute!!

Here’s the Far Far Away BG, the flowers would need to be toggled off to remove as much red as possible, matching the stony steppers/ear tips! The mechanical wings and tail are optional.

This one ended up being a sort of witchy vibe since I was leaning into the red before I realized the dreamscape wasn’t gonna suit it, so I swapped the BG with the watchful woods!

Now this one might need a drift… aimed more towards purple-shift on the warm tones to match the BG’s tones whilst still popping from the BG and coordinating internally.  I’d toggle off the star part of the magician’s cape to remove the yellow, and that aside, it should be free and clear to make a really snazzy magician/phantom thief type!

And finally, my personal favorite, a desert nomad! I just love everything about this, really. Toggling off the flowers is optional!

Posted 07/07/19
Oh gosh, these are all so good?! I’m going to have to grab a Nissie when they come back around, I’m especially loving that second and fifth dressup. I also like the idea of a phantom thief character. O: Thank you so much for these!
Posted 07/07/19
Kippie Could you do upright Wishing Star with a Mechanical Arm and Valkyrie Sword, please?
Posted 07/07/19

Cosmo Totally!! The combo gave me immediately a sort of fallen-angel or battlefield prince vibe, which is what I immediately dove into;

There’s some flexibility, you could add wings or not (Golden or Mechanical wings are ideal), the golden wigs of any style look pretty nice or you could go bald (I like the Rebel for having a similar amount of texture as the coat has patterning), and of course you’d want to adjust layering!

Posted 07/07/19
Whoaaaa, that’s such a badass dressup! I’ll have to mess around and see what wing/wig looks I can come up with~
Posted 07/07/19

Kippie

OMG love that aviator so much…

Second one (if you’re doing more).. monster under the bed with the Omi Mask?

Posted 07/07/19, edited 07/07/19

Reggi Definitely!! This monster here can either stick with the frostbite claws or be given a knife or katana! onigiri also optional, in that I forgot to take it off lmao.  I like how the snarl is half exposed behind the shawl, but the shawl can be relayered to show all of the face!

Posted 07/08/19