02:44 ST
[UPDATE] Upcoming Changes to the Sprout Queue!
Myla Feel free to use Calista and Tahoma.
Posted 03/03/16, edited 03/03/16
You can use Mrgl as an example if you’d like. Sorry if you have too many lol.
Posted 03/03/16

I’ve added in more examples from the sprouts that were volunteered!  In some cases, I may have removed an edit or two so I could stick it in a category that was less represented.

Ally  Espurr is correct; raffle sprouts will continue to be the same (roughly the average of the parent geness).

Vysal Your baby sprout is considered within the “medium” category, though the adult sprout may/may not be in the same category!

Posted 03/03/16
if you need any more, Meliodas would be happy to volunteer.
Posted 03/03/16
I’m guessing under the new system, if I were to get a sprout for this geness (And it were to do the pairing proper justice), it would now cost me 35PP/170$?
Posted 03/03/16, edited 03/03/16
Skye Under the old “average editedness of the geness” system, that geness would produce a sprout in the heavy category of the new system (the unedited dras is taken into account when calculating this).  However, if you consider an ultra heavy category to be the category that does your future sprout justice, you are free to select that if you are going to submit the geness under the new system!
Posted 03/03/16
You can use Haloke, if you need more examples.
Posted 03/03/16
ah okay, idk how to use the mention system but thanks!
Posted 03/03/16
Knight-Aku Added!  Thank you. :)
Posted 03/04/16
Myla  If you still need any more sprout examples, feel free to use my Ladon or Phoenix!
Posted 03/04/16

Myla
I was curious, what would Seasons of Change count as on the level of edited-ness? You may use him as an example if you still need some volunteers to use as examples :)

Posted 03/05/16

Hello!
Just a quick reminder that this update will be pushed today :)

Posted 03/09/16

I have two question I’ve been thinking about…

1. Does the price paid affect the odds of the sprout’s species?
e.g. 1: an ineki base costs less than a drasilis base, so a “light edit” sprout between a dras+ineki geness is more likely to be an ineki?
e.g. 2: most edits cost “more” for kelph bases (tail mix n’ match is a 0PP edit for ineki and 2PP for kelph, new tails for inaki and dras start at 2PP while they start at 4PP for kelph), so a “light” edit sprout would have those price differences taken into account depending on whether the baby were an ineki/dras, or kelph?
(I hope I explained that clearly - what I mean is that, for example, tail edits would never be found in a “light edit” kelph sprout because it is considered a much “heavier” edit for kelphi vs ineki/dras)

2. Would it be acceptable, if a user were not heavily invested in receiving a flower/baby form, or had a specific artist or species in mind, or any other reason, to go through the custom queue and commission an “artistic freedom custom” with the intention of creating a child of two other pets? Or would this be frowned upon because it sidesteps the sprout queue?

e.g. 1: I go into the queue and pay 10PP for an “artistic freedom” ineki, and give the constraints “ineki either pose, meant to be a child of this geness (of a cat and a fox)” - Essentially I’m paying $50 for a pet valued at $63 by the price breakdown of sprouts.

e.g. 2: I go into the queue and pay 20PP for an “artistic freedom” pet, and give the constraints “Only X artist, upright dras OR active dog, meant to be a child of this geness (of a dras, cat, kelph, and dog), edits with the remaining PP are up to the artist. - Essentially I’m giving up getting a flower and baby form to have much more control over my “sprout”
~

I know that neither of these are technically against the rules as written, but I’m not sure where they fall in terms of the spirit. I love my sprouts but I’m thinking if I go for a third it might make more sense to go through the custom queue, especially since there’s no way (yet!) to go “back” to a baby or flower form anyways. (I’ve got about the same waiting time for both queues so that’s not an issue).

But I don’t wanna do a thing that would make people annoyed or that causes a rule change and makes me feel like I “got away” with it because it wasn’t set in stone yet, y’know?

Posted 05/19/16, edited 05/19/16

Hi Jacq! I’m happy to help provide some clarity on these questions for you!

For the first point - price does not affect the odds of a sprout’s species! The species of the sprout is left up to the artist, within the parameters of the parent geness of course (ie: a dog and a cat won’t produce a fox, drasillis, or kelph!).

In your example, a kelph tail edit would count towards the overall ‘editedness’ of your sprout, whereas a switched species tail on an ineki would not (as this would equate to a 0PP change). So yes - if the tail edit was considered ‘heavy,’ it would be unlikely to be found on a light edited kelph sprout. This is not impacted one way or the other by the value of a kelph over the value of an ineki!

For your second question - this is definitely possible! In fact, we encourage players to go through the custom queue if they’d like some degree of control over ‘sprout’ made by a geness! This is not considered queue dodging - the higher price of the sprout queue takes into account the flower and baby forms, which are not provided in the custom queue. :)

Hopefully this helps you some - let me know if there’s anything you’d like further explained!

Posted 05/19/16

Dove
Thanks very much! That clears up my Qs nicely. :)

Posted 05/19/16