14:46 ST
[EVENT] Spring Swarm Extravaganza! [April 6 - April 20]
BREAKING NEWS!!
Native Faraway Lands Bug Population reported to have Magical Properties!

Town Centre, April 5th, 2015, Professor Mariel has just brought us some startling news! The native Faraway Lands bug population is showing never-before-seen magical properties, which she discovered after a few of these bugs accidentally flew into the Cave during their seasonal migration. She is organising a charity drive starting April 6th at 20:00 ST and ending April 20th at 23:59 ST to collect funds to research the exotic bugs. She has come to us with a call to action to all of Mycena Cave’s inhabitants.

“In the name of SCIENCE!, I believe all of the Mycena Cave population should help gather funds to investigate these fascinating creatures. Helping me out is as simple as 1+1, although there is the matter of the Bone Monster.. and you may want to bring a magnifying glass.. and don’t forget your collection bags!”Professor Mariel

Professor Mariel reports that the bugs’ droppings has unusual properties:  they are shiny, colorful, hard, and, well, beautiful, if a dropping can be classified such a manner.  The professor believes every inhabitant should try to sneak past the Bone Monster to collect these droppings, which she calls beads due to their properties.  This is critical to Professor Mariel’s research: the beads can be assembled into jewelry pieces and sent to your acquaintances which raises awareness and more funding for experiments. Strangely enough, Professor Mariel says she has found sponsors for her project, and for every piece of jewelry you send, you will receive a certain amount of tokens.

As a thank you for helping Professor Mariel, you can exchange these tokens for a butterfly chrysalises that she raises, and keep watch over them until they hatch. The butterfly chrysalises contain valuable treasures, and when the butterfly hatches, the treasures are yours to keep! If this all holds any truth remains to be seen, but yours truly has to admit, after seeing these beauties of jewelry pieces.. I’ll be doing my, ahem, duty — FOR SCIENCE!

Come join the fun!

Brought to you by reporter Cary.
Posted 04/05/15, edited 04/05/15

Asdfghjkl. It’s happening, it’s happening. *hypes*

Edit: Wait what. Bug poop?

I WILL SEND ALLLL THE BUG POOP TO MY FRIENDS. FOR SCIENCE.
Posted 04/05/15

This sounds fun :P yay for bug poop.
please tell me i wasn’t forced to eat poop

Posted 04/05/15

This is, by far, one of the most creative events I’ve ever seen on any website. I cracked up reading the description.

Finally picking up animal droppings is not a chore.

Posted 04/05/15

I WILL BE THROWING LOTS OF BUG POOP AT PEOPLE FOR SCIENCE.

I’m so excited eeee

Posted 04/05/15

send bug poop to your loved ones!

extraordinary. .. . that said, i’m still excited as hecky 8D

Posted 04/05/15
Posted 04/05/15
So… We have an excuse to thow poop at our friends? Awesome!
Posted 04/05/15

I’m not sure what I expected, between the coins in the April discussion and the bug/jewelry items but….. this was not it. 8|

Either way, I’m super stoked.  This is one of my favorite kinds of events because I don’t have to do a lot of hard things and I can sneakysneak participate during class. B)

-lurks around to see if there’s a coloration too-

Posted 04/05/15

YES FOR SCIENCE

We know how this will end though…

How could I not participate in an event for science?! I’m really excited!
Posted 04/05/15

SCIENCE?

eheheheheheh I ENJOY SCIENCE.

Posted 04/05/15

I’m going to die. Ahhhhhahaha.

Where do these beads come from, you ask? It turns out, spring insects just can’t wait to poop them out after the long, cold winter.
Posted 04/05/15

YOU MUST HAVE FUN >:[
...Ok ._.

Posted 04/05/15
Omg… Bug Poop….
Posted 04/05/15

Now… the poop race begins.

...well, tomorrow. Can’t wait!!

Posted 04/05/15

Let’s do SCIENCE! :D

-Gets out forceps and jar of alcohol-

Posted 04/05/15
Aw yes, the collect of excrement for the masses. All in the name for scientific research and observation.
Posted 04/05/15
*hypes all over the place* I’m gonna get some poop, I’m gonna get some poop!
Posted 04/05/15

So basically you’re encouraging us to fling as much poop at each other as possible…

Posted 04/05/15

LOOK WHAT NYX FOUND. 8D

EDIT: More coats!

SCIENCE !!! ;D
Posted 04/05/15
The spider scares me :0
Posted 04/05/15
I love bugs omg I’m so excited! And the spider coat SUUUUUPER NEED wow gorgeous.
Posted 04/05/15

Nothin 2 see here folks, just a normal fox ineki goin about his daily business, nothin 2 worry ‘bout…

The spider is a whole lotta nope for me, I’m not into spiders in general. I love the extra fluff around the bees’ necks though, I might have to try for one of those. I wish I could be here tomorrow night darn it xD
Posted 04/05/15
Ooh spider! :o
Posted 04/05/15

Oh my gosh. The dog Ineki is too cute. That spider tho. Nope nope nope nope.

Eeee so excited for this event!

Posted 04/05/15

The event starts at 4AM for me, I’m going to be late with poop collecting. :c
Nevertheless, I’m excited. *3*

Posted 04/05/15