07:01 ST
Summer Discovery Dig [Finished!]
Welcome to the 2014 Summer Discovery Dig!

And you are cordially invited!

When:
The event will officially begin on July 2nd at 00:01 server time, so get ready!
It will last until July 13th 14th at 23:59 server time.

Where:
Way down in one of the wonkier caverns, some ineki have found a very curious mine. It seems letters can be mined right out of the rock! So, grab a pick* and head over! Collect letters to make words, and give them to Mycenians you feel the words describe. It’s fun, and just a little bit silly.
* pick not actually required

Who:
Everyone! As soon as the rubble’s been cleared away from the cavern entrance (which should be done by July 2), scurry over to https://www.mycenacave.com/summer, put on your best pair of work-gloves and get ready!

Why:
Because words are fun! And also because you get shinies. Win win!

Logistics:
Every 15 minutes you’ll be able to mine out another three letters. But remember, you can only hold 15 letters at a time. Once you start collecting letters, you can put them together to form words and give them away. Each letter is worth a certain number of points, and giving away a word will earn you as many little shinies as the word was worth. If, on the other hand, you don’t like some of your letters, you can also trade them in for a shiny each. You can trade your shinies in the Underground Marketplace for really cool Discovery Dig items and mushrooms!

What’s more, giving and receiving words is so much fun that whenever you give or receive a word that’s at least four letters long, you feel so invigorated that you can get back to mining for more letters a little sooner.

Posted 07/01/14, edited 07/16/14

WWWAAAAAAHHH!

I haven’t had a lot of time to do anything on this site due to international travel and extra school projects. Seems my time is coming free at the right time. I so excited! *Bursts into confetti*

Also, I love educational games and will have my dictionary ready to get a huge word bank.

Posted 07/01/14, edited 07/01/14

I’M SO EXCITED I HOPE YOU ALL LOVE THE EVENT EEEe~~ (No really, I do. /pets event gently like a loving mommy)

/stops abusing capital letters and goes to read first post like a proper user

Oh, one more time caps: SHINIES :D

YEAH!!! Word play XD I can’t wait ‘til tomorrow. XD
Posted 07/01/14
Oh wow, I didn’t expect something like that! XD Sounds like a lot of fun, I can’t wait. >w<
Posted 07/01/14

That sounds really, really awesome! Who came up with the event idea??? Because it sounds really interesting and I just can’t wait to play!!

I’m gonna make TONS of letters!

Posted 07/01/14
This sounds so much fun! I can’t wait until tomorrow!
Posted 07/01/14
rubbing my little paws together in glee for this…I can’t wait!!!
Posted 07/01/14
Eeee this sounds so cute and fun! I can’t wait! :)
Posted 07/01/14
Sounds like fun! Can’t wait.
Posted 07/01/14
scrabble owo woot
Posted 07/01/14

A word game event…. This is the most awesome event ever! I can’t wait to see what sort of items and mushrooms will be in the shop either. *rubs hands together and tries to decide between sleeping tonight and staying up in the hopes of gathering letters and making words as early as possible*

This is so exciting! Seriously, best event ever! *all the snuggles for all the admin-type peoples*

Posted 07/01/14
This looks like a really fun and unique event. Thanks! You guys come up with a lot of interesting things.
Posted 07/01/14
What a unique and adorable idea! I don’t see anything about making sure users use “appropriate” words, though, is there something preventing that? The community on MC is great, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be a chance of a bad egg sending inappropriate things to people.
Posted 07/01/14

D: But so what if I want to send inappropriate words to my friends?

Also this seems like so much fun, but also so hard. I’m so terrible at scrabble.

Posted 07/01/14

Your friends might be okay with it, just not everyone is, that’s all. XD I was more or less wondering if there was something in place, or if not, maybe at least a note in the rules or something to make sure if you’re sending something inappropriate (or that could be) it was to someone that would appreciate it and not be upset by it. But if the receiver is told who sent the word it could always be reported, it just seems like it has the possibility of being a headache and ruining the event if someone was nasty enough to try.

For all I know they could have a set bunch of words you can use, or something, I have no idea, I just wanted to ask and see haha.

Posted 07/01/14

Irefe It was mentioned in our playtests/brainstorms, and there are a few options we’re considering. One would be to be able to hide words your pet has received from their profile (which wouldn’t prevent you from receiving them), another to filter inappropriate words from the dictionary (which would be a bit like censorship on a site that allows mature content, on top of the issue that a LOT of words can be inappropriate based on context). A third, of course, not to do anything before the nasty has happened, and only take action if it would (regretfully) happen.

You have to keep in mind, however, that if we have any rotten eggs, they also have to actively play to get letters that can make inappropriate words. In playtests, I haven’t personally noticed being able to make many, and in that line of thought, I think occasions will be few. Whichever solution ends up being (or not being) implemented, rest assured that you can always report suspected abuse and we’ll definitely be monitoring the situation. If anyone truly stands out as only sending out meaen things, we’ll know :)

I hope that satisfies your worries <3

Posted 07/01/14
Yes it does, thanks Juney XD However you guys decide to handle it is fine by me, just glad to know it was discussed haha. This site is so small I doubt it’d be an issue, I’ve just seen things like that happen on sites like Aywas (where users were allowed to input messages or words for an event and it got out of hand) so I was wondering if it was addressed. Good to know it was.
Posted 07/01/14

I’m just trying to imagine the miners finding letters while looking for gold though like:

“Hey did you drop a ridiculously sized letter over here?”

“No, but that’s your Q.”

Posted 07/01/14
Oh ffff, didn’t realize they’d be on pet profiles. That might not be the best idea, as much as I’d loved to lovingly send my closest friends some terrible words. (It’s from playing too much CAH.) An ability to hide words might be a good idea, because even if it’s sent in jest, it’s still on the profile.
Posted 07/01/14

I have to admit the thought of bad words came to mind when it was mentioned that four letters(or more) in a word shortens the giver and the receiver’s wait time. Though I know better than to use those words if the opportunity ever arose, the twelve year old in me had a little giggle.

...boob.

Posted 07/01/14

Mokitty, I expect at least two boobs from you.

...Well, maybe not more than two. I don’t want some three boobed thing, please.

Posted 07/01/14

C: EVENTTTT A NON SLEEPING EVENT AHARHARHARRRRR!!!
Now the question is who will I dive bomb with letters FIRST?

You don’t want to know how many boobs I’m sending Myla.

A word that came up a LOT in playtesting for me was ‘nude’ xD

Ooooo I’m so excited! This looks so fun and way different than any site event I’ve done before! :DD
And I can’t wait to see the new pretties, too! c:

Posted 07/01/14
So we’re playing Scrabble? xD
Posted 07/01/14
Anyone is welcome to send me a boob. or a poop. or a butt. hehe.
Posted 07/01/14

Oh gosh, I’m so nervouscited! D:D

If this is anything like how Scrabble goes for me in real life, I’ll either have a full board that makes an extremely dirty/offensive word and won’t want to use it, or I’ll have tons of consonants and no vowels. XD

Posted 07/01/14

Oh my, no yaoi for Nana <___<’ /brik’d

I’m so excited! Looking forward to no sleep, haha 8D I can sleep in class, that’s what it’s for, right?

Posted 07/01/14
It’s like the numbers mine from The Phantom Tollbooth. :D Can’t wait to see what gets dug up and made!
Posted 07/01/14