02:39 ST
[FORUM MINI-EVENT] Flowers for Mystery (Raffle drawn, prizes delivered!)
Flowers for Mystery

Everybody in the Cave knows Mystery. She’s the color-spattered ineki that spends her days using her magical expertise to help Mycenians in various ways. Due to the nature of her work, she’s often quite busy - she spends long days and nights in her isolated cavern, helping to awaken new, uniquely-coated Mycenians; utilizing her magic to alter the appearance of individual Mycenians to better suit their sense of self; and imbuing genesses with a bit of extra oomph so that their long-awaited sprouts may finally bloom among the roots of the Sacred Tree.

All work and no play can get just about anybody down, and lately, Mystery has been feeling a little listless. She still finds joy in helping other Mycenians, but her bright smile has faded somewhat - she needs just a bit of inspiration; a bit of love.

Nobody knows who left the first Flower Painting on her doorstep, but one by one, they kept appearing. Flowers of all shades and hues, decorated with swirls and glitter and glows. With each new flower that appears at the mouth of her cavern, Mystery seems to brighten; seems to regain a bit of her lost inspiration. With everyone’s help, she should be back to her bright, happy self in no time!

And who knows? Maybe she’ll even be inspired enough to use a bit of her magic to awaken some new Mycenians whose markings echo some of the Flower Paintings she’s received…

Prizes
Participation Prize

Each player who completes at least one Flower Painting or Flower Arrangement and submits their work via the submission form that will be made available at the end of the event will receive one Beeautiful Blossoms Frame. This item is an avatar frame, which means that it will only be visible when posting on the forums.

Raffle

Each completed Flower Painting and Flower Arrangement will count as one raffle ticket. Each player may earn up to a total of ten tickets by submitting up to 5 Flower Paintings and up to 5 Flower Arrangements.

The raffle will be pulled after the conclusion of the event, and the winner(s) will receive an artistic freedom custom based on one of their Flower Paintings or Arrangements. The custom will include one small edit (artist’s choice). The choice of pose and species/sub-species of Mycenian (Cat/Dog/Fox Ineki; River/Sea Kelph; or Drasillis) is up to the winner.

Players must submit their entries via the submission form that will be made available at the end of the event in order to claim their raffle tickets. The form will also have a place for the player to select which of their Flower Paintings or Arrangements they would like to see turned into a custom should they win.

One winning ticket will be drawn for every 100 participants. If a staff member wins this raffle, an additional winner will be drawn.

Rules/guidelines
  • The Flowers for Mystery mini-event will begin on June 9th and run through the end of the day on June 23rd.
  • Specific rules for Flower Painting and Flower Arrangement submissions can be found in their respective submission threads.
  • You may not reuse any Flower Paintings or Flower Arrangements from last year’s event. Anyone found to be cheating in this manner will be punished accordingly.
  • All standard event and forum content rules apply.
Links
Posted 06/08/17, edited 07/01/17

Out of curiosity, is there a hard limit of 5 entries for paintings, 5 entries for arrangements for the entirety of the event, or are we allowed to create and submit more creative pieces, even if we can’t earn tickets past that point?

Personally, I think it would be a shame if there was a hard limit set. There were a lot of gorgeous flowers and arrangements made last year, and I’d love to see more options for flowers. If it risks overdoing the “winning ticket will be drawn for every 100 participants” threshold, maybe we could add a third submission forum for overflow? So those entries, while they can be admired and maybe still be arranged if flowers, won’t count for tickets?

Posted 06/09/17
Keilin Alyr  I just talked to Crow about this, and as long as all of your submissions follow the rules in terms of effort, you are free to create more than 5 and enter them to the submission threads.  However, you will need to pick your favorite 5 for the submission form because that does have a hard cap!
Posted 06/09/17

Myla

Oh, I’m definitely glad to hear that! I was starting to have worries of written arrangements waiting for last moment in order to pick the prime flowers, or artists stressing over choosing their “best” pieces to even post or lamenting no one choosing their flowers even with a limited pool. Granted, I suppose there’s always the risk of short-term hurt feelings in these sorts of events, even with more room for entries.

Just personally, I want to see lots and lots of awesome flowers, bold and risky ones like Flavortown (both flower and arrangement were spectacular!), as well as the traditionally aesthetically pleasing ones. Very happy that we’ll hopefully be seeing waves of flowers and their arrangements. ^^

Posted 06/09/17
Hello, I want to participate .. How to make these flowers ...
Posted 06/09/17
So, just curious, but would we be able to submit a mockup for a character with a flower arrangement? :o
Posted 06/09/17

Rowyn
Our policy on this last year was that you may create a mockup for your flower arrangement. However, should that entry be selected as one of the semi-customs, it would be up to the artist’s discretion as to how closely they’d follow the design when creating the custom.

Yana20011
You can paint the flowers by going to the Flower Painting submission thread and saving the flower you’d like to color. Then, just open it in Paint or GIMP (or any other art program you like), color, and then upload to imgur or another image host and post in that thread. :)

If you are unable to color the flowers digitally, you are welcome to print them out and color them with crayons, markers, or pencils and then scan them in instead!

Posted 06/09/17, edited 06/09/17
Crow Alright, cool c: Thanks!
Posted 06/09/17
Thank you, but how to send?
Posted 06/09/17
I would like to participate I will make a coloration now as long as it is permitted.
Posted 06/09/17

Yana20011  Once you make the flower and upload it to imgur, the way you submit it is to go to the flower painting submissions thread and post it by using this code:

[img]image url goes here[/img]

Posted 06/09/17
I’m wondering, if you win the raffle will you be able to pick from any of the flowers/arrangements that you entered, or will the specific entry be chosen for you as part of the ticket drawing?
Posted 06/10/17

Luminary
There will be a spot in the end-of-event form for you to indicate which of your flower paintings/arrangements you would like to be referenced for the semi-custom, should you win. :D

Posted 06/10/17

Crow I am currently out a computer (yay for mobile devices!) and so I was planning on colouring mine with our stash of pencils and crayons. I was wondering if Babby-coloured flowers would count towards submissions as I know he would have a blast colouring in flowers but as I’ll be going somewhere to print out the flowers on paper, I can only print out so many.

Also on that note, would embroidery count towards an arrangement (I haven’t started it yet) and can I make something and then take a photo of it (like cupcakes) for an arrangement?

Posted 06/10/17
Malis  You could have baby make a flower that you could post in the submissions thread, but it would need to be made entirely by you in order to count toward the 5 you end up submitting to the submission form.  However, you could do an arrangement inspired by baby’s flower and you could submit the arrangement as one of your 5 arrangements!
Posted 06/11/17, edited 06/11/17
Will I be able to opt out of the raffle? Asking because I’d only like to enter for the participation prize.
Posted 06/11/17
Ally  Our form will include an option to opt out of the raffle!
Posted 06/11/17
Outside of the raffle, after the event can we use our flower paintings/arrangements as inspirations for other custom pets?
Posted 06/15/17

FlyingSquirrely
Of course! :)

Posted 06/15/17

Quuuuestion!

I was wondering if other sorts of “art” counted. As in if I did a manicure based on a flower would that count?

Posted 06/17/17

tanuki
That is the freshest unicorn ever. Why it so fresh, that it cause my tablet to full on crash when I tried to write this comment the first time.

Edit: And here is the reason why I used a photographed version of neon bright for my actual entry if anyone is curious

Turns out scanners murder neon sharpies.

Posted 06/17/17, edited 06/17/17

Lala
As long as it meets the criteria laid out in the flower arranging submission thread, all types of art are welcome.

Posted 06/20/17
I did some photo editing (image taken from Google) and then drew my own part of the image for one of my flower arrangement entries. It is not entirely my own work but will it count? If not, I can of course replace the image with one I’ve drawn :)
Posted 06/20/17

Madara
Your photo manipulation should be fine to count for credit! (Sorry about the delayed response!)

Posted 06/22/17

Crow
No problem! Thanks for the answer :)

Posted 06/22/17

-cries- Why has this week been so busy and internetless? Hopefully I’ll be able to sketch some awesome up tonight after the wedding even if I can’t get any flowers colored. Fingers crossed.

Today snuck up on me holy cow.

Posted 06/23/17

Crow
Is the event over? Completely?

Posted 06/23/17

JustTopaz
The event runs until 23:59 ST today. :)

Posted 06/23/17

Oh thank god.
My internet is SO bad right now.

Posted 06/23/17

Omg i was hustling last night cause i thought it ended today…. nice i still have time to do my last one 8)

(and maybe fix up some of my last minute ones)

Posted 06/23/17